Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

About

Thursday, May 17, 2012

A Few of Our Yarns

I had promised I would post a picture of some of the yarn I spun up from the Kool-Aid/food color dyed fleece I had talked about earlier.  Well, here you go!  The pink toned yarn is a Lincoln/Mohair blend.  The dark blue/purple blend is 100% Lincoln.  The pretty aqua yarn is 100% Kid Mohair.  It is SO SOFT!  You could wear it directly next to your skin it is so downy soft.  We are planning on selling these as well as many more of our yarns and prepared fibers at the Grandview Farmer's Market this summer.  We are set to take part in two of the "pre-market" days in June.  We have promised to be there June 9th and 30th.  Market time is the normal 10am to 1pm.  Hope to see you there! 
We just added three new Angora goats to the farm roster.  They are set to be getting sheared next week sometime so I'm going to have so much wonderful extra fiber!  I'll be making some more blends and will also be spinning 100% Mohair yarns.  Now all I need to do is find time!  Lets see, I have soap to make, fiber to process and get spun, kids to chase, the gardens to get planted, weeding, house chores, the beginning of homeschooling.....oh, and at some point in there I need to try to eat and sleep!  Life is busy around here right now.  With a new baby set to arrive sometime in September I'm feeling extra squeezed for time this year.  But you know, I wouldn't want it any other way.  It's such a wonderful busy!  Now speaking of fiber to process, I better get to it.  Until next time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment