Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

About

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Some of our feathery, winged, and four-legged friends.

So today I decided to take my camera outside with me to snap a few pictures.  I thought it might be nice for you all to see the animals I've been talking about!  Here are our chickens!  They are looking, pecking, and scratching for any bit of seeds or an unfortunate bug or worm.  These are the ladies that will be laying the eggs this year.
 The big white chicken in the middle of this picture is our lone rooster named Homer.  He's quite content being the only guy in a sea of women.
 As I was walking back up towards the house I heard some buzzing which told me some of the bees were out.  I got this picture and you can see three bees on the outside of the hive.  At this point the bees are starting to put up brood (baby bees) and cleaning out their hive from the long winter.  I will be giving them supplemental syrup for a while yet until we get a nectar flow.  The bees are eager for this to happen too!
 Last but never least, here is our big farm dog, Orion.  He's a wonderful guard dog and lets us know if anything is off around the farm.  He takes guarding the chickens very seriously.  At the end of the day he is tired and hungry, ready to come inside for his food and warm bed.  Our other two little dogs, Ziggy and Zoe, were off exploring somewhere when I was out with the camera.  Of course!
Now the only ones I need to get on here are the sheep and the goat!  I'll have pictures of them coming soon!  Until next time!

1 comments:

  1. Orion is a wise, old man! What happened to the little puppy I accidently beat up?

    My love to everyone...

    ReplyDelete